Want to Join Our Team?
I get it. We are pretty cool.
Our mission is to provide fun, friendly, and safe opportunities for our community to create and connect. We create happiness!
We are always accepting applications and on the lookout for the next amazing team member! If you’d like to help us bring a little creativity and happiness to the world, please read the job description/requirements on this page and complete an application at the link below. No phone calls, please.
Effective September 2023: We are currently hiring Team Members (18+). Weekend availability is required– Friday PM and Sunday availability is a priority.
Available shifts are primarily weekday late afternoon/evenings (M-Fri), Sat (all open hours), and Sun (11:30-7).
There may be an opportunity for the right person to grow into a Studio Lead/Assistant Manager role.
Please note that we do not hire seasonally.
Please note that while we are always accepting applications, we may not be hiring at the exact moment you submit your application. We will contact you by email if you seem to be a good match! No phone calls, please.
Get a glimpse at what is involved in being a member of the TPS Create Crew.
Job Titles: Team Member, Senior Team Member/Lead, Assistant Manager
Reports to: Manager
Working Days: Variable, must commit to at least one weekend shift.
Working Hours: 12 to 35 hours per week, dependent on employee and/or studio needs. The average shift is 7 hours for ages 18+.
- Team Member: Two to four shifts per week, usually 12-20 hours.
- Senior Team Member/Lead: Minimum of three shifts per week, up to 35 hours per week (may be flexible dependent on applicant).
- Assistant Manager: Minimum of four shifts per week, up to 35 hours per week. Must be available Fri PMs and Sundays, at minimum.
The perfect applicant is someone who uplifts the creative experience for our guests. We are looking for someone who will have the personality, patience, and enthusiasm to thrive in this role. Art experience is NOT necessary!
Team Member responsibilities include:
- Greeting, assisting, and serving customers
- Providing accurate information to visitors on products, techniques, pricing, etc.
- Providing clear and easy to follow instructions for visitors of varying experience levels and ages
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace, including cleaning the studio, tables, and supplies
- Multi-tasking while working the studio floor and assisting guests, including answering phone calls/texts in a friendly and efficient manner and taking table reservations
- Using Square POS and iPads to check out guests and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and completely
- Wrapping finished customer orders for pick-up
- Processing orders, including matching and contacting finished orders
- Leading and instructing parties and workshops for kids and adults in a confident and efficient manner
- Putting away inventory and supply orders as they arrive and restocking shelves and supplies as needed.
- Maintaining a clean and professional appearance
- Contributing to the team environment at the studio by learning from and effectively communicating with teammates.
Senior Team Member responsibilities (after basic training) include all of the above, as well as:
- Running the studio independently, including opening/closing the studio
- Assessing and prioritizing daily/weekly studio tasks
- Problem solving and positively resolving customer or studio issues
- Assisting with employee training
- Leading events and/or workshops as needed
- Working in the backroom processing orders (glazing and loading kilns). Training provided, no experience necessary.
- Lifting of boxes and/or supplies between 5-50 pounds
- Working 6+ hours on your feet
- Stretching, twisting and bending to load/unload kilns or clean
- Crouching, stooping or kneeling to stock or retrieve pottery or clean
- Climbing to retrieve pottery or clean
- Fine motor skills
Opportunities for Advancement:
A Studio Team Member may also grow into a role with higher level duties including kiln room supervisor, social media management, event/class development, visual merchandising, and more depending on the skills of the employee. It may involve non-studio floor flex hours depending on duties (ie: setting up displays, taking social media photos, posting on social media, graphic design, etc.). If in high level Studio Lead role, after 1 year with positive performance review, employee may be eligible to attend continuing education events within the PYOP industry.